The thousands of military personnel and their families in Vicenza, Italy need access to a Gospel preaching church rooted in the confessional standards of the Protestant Reformation that they can become members of, and where they can receive the means of grace as they are rightly taught, preached, and administered, that they might grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.
The need is also very great among the Italian people. Only about 1% of the Italian population have come to embrace the Good News that salvation is not based upon our effort or good works, but is the free gift of God received by grace alone, through faith alone in the finished work of Christ alone.
That God by His grace and Spirit would work through New Life to bring a multitude of people in Vicenza and throughout Italy to saving faith in Christ, and add them to the church so that they grow in and through the means of grace unto spiritual maturity.
Long term: Plant an Italian speaking PCA church in Italy.
The Mission: To grow in and share the good news of new life in Christ.
* To grow in the good news of new life in Christ: We are committed to the lifelong process of growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ, that we might be conformed to His image and be enabled more and more to die unto sin and live unto righteousness.
* To share the good news of new life in Christ: We want to reach people for, and teach them about Jesus Christ, sacrificially using our talent, time, and treasure to that end.
This is done through the means of grace: God’s Word, the sacraments, prayer, and fellowship.
In sum, we want to see the Gospel SEEP into every area of peoples lives:
1. Spiritual: Provide biblically prescribed and faithful worship services, and biblical instruction for adults and children.
2. Emotional: Provide biblical, gospel-driven and focused pastoral counseling.
3. Educational: Provide Bible studies, educational seminars, and ESL (English as a Second Language) for Italians and others.
4. Physical: Minister to physical needs.